Nutritionist, Universidad del Valle de Guatemala.
MSc on Food and Nutrition, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala.
DrSc on Population Nutriton, National Institute of Public Health (INSP) Mexico; and Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, USA.
Dr. Kroker-Lobos has coordinated national and multi-center research projects related to dietetic risk factors of chronic diseases in Mexico, Guatemala and Central America. Among her research interests are: double bourden of malnutrition, cardiometabolic risk on school-age children and body composition, dietetic risk factors and obesity; food environment and research related to the implementation of public policies on food environment and obesity prevention. Additionally, she has worked as nutrition consultant for the World Food Program (WFP) and the Ministry of Education of Guatemala to strengthen the "National Program of School Feeding".
Honors and awards
2017 - 2018 NIH Fogarty post-doctoral fellowship 2017-2018. Enory University/INCAP
2016 Member of the national research sub commission of health, Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance of Guatemala.
2016 Member of the Ethics Board at INCAP.
2015-2016 Full scholarship: PH-LEADER, Academy for implementation research on NCD`s. Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, USA.
2013-2015 Doctoral Fellowship. Organization of American States -OAS-
2011-2015 Doctoral Fellowship. National Council of Science and Technology -CONACYT- Mèxico.
2012 Leadership Proram of the Latinamerican Society of Nutriton -SLAN-. La Habana, Cuba.
2011 Cum Laude. Master on Food and Nutrition. Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala.
Board of Chemist and Pharmacists of Guatemala
Latinamerican Society of Nutrition -SLAN.
Member of the Board of the Latinamerican Society of Nutrition -SLAN 2015-2018.
Miembro del Consejo Directivo de la Sociedad Latinoamericana de Nutriciòn -SLAN- 2015-2018.
1. Vandevijvere S, Barquera S, Caceres G, Corvalan C, Karupaiah T, Kroker-Lobos, L'Abbé M, Ng SH, Phulkerd S, Ramirez-Zea M, Rebello SA, Reyes M, Sacks G, Sánchez Nóchez CM, Sanchez K, Sanders D, Spires M, Swart R, Tangcharoensathien V, Tay Z, Taylor A, Tolentino-Mayo L, Van Dam R, Vanderlee L, Watson F, Whitton C, Swinburn B. An 11-country study to benchmark the implementation of recommended nutrition policies by national governments using the Healthy Food Environment Policy Index 2015-2018. Obes Rev. 2019 Jan 4. doi: 10.1111/obr.12819.
2. Rivera-Andrade A, Kroker-Lobos MF, Lazo M, Freedman ND, Smith JW, Torres O, McGlynn KA, Groopman JD, Guallar E, Ramìrez-Zea M. High prevalence of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and metabolic risk factors in Guatemala: A population based-study. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2019 Feb;29(2):191-200. doi: 10.1016/j.numecd.2018.10.008. Epub 2018 Oct 31.
3. Smith JW, Kroker-Lobos MF , Lazo M, Rivera-Andrade A, Egner PA, Wedemeyer H, Torres O, Freedman ND, McGlynn KA, Guallar E, Groopman JD, Ramirez-Zea M. Aflatoxin and viral hepatitis exposures in Guatemala: Molecular biomarkers reveal a unique profile of risk factors in a region of high liver cancer incidence. PLoS One. 2017 Dec 13;12(12):e0189255. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0189255. eCollection 2017.
4. Kroker-Lobos MF, Pedroza A, Pedraza L, Rivera JA. The double burden of underweight and excess body weight in Mexico, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2014 Dec
5. Ramìrez-Zea M, Kroker-Lobos MF, Kanter R, Close R. The double burden of malnutrition and indigenous and non-indigenous population in Guatemala. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2014 Dec 100:1644S-doi:10.3945/ajcn.114.083857. Epub 2014 Oct 29.